Feeling inspired to make a quick batch of popsicles after yesterdays post? If so, here is an extremely easy and simple recipe that is not only healthy and loaded with nutrients, it is downright refreshing and delightful.
Recipe: Island Paradise Popsicle
Yield: 6 double popsicles, 1 dozen single (3 1/2 cups mixture)
- 1 ¼ cups orange juice
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 peach, cut into chunks
- 1 cup roughly chopped pineapple chunks
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Gently fill each popsicle mold with mixture and allow to freeze for at least 3-4 hours. When ready to serve, run popsicle mold under warm water to remove.
Other Combination Ideas:
- Banana: 2 bananas, 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt, ½ cup of almond milk, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mango: 1 mango (cut and pitted), 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Peach: 1 peach (cut and pitted), 1 banana, 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Berry: 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup raspberries, ¼ cup of almond milk.
- Strawberry: 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup crushed ice.
- Watermelon: 4 cups watermelon, pureed, with zest of 1 lemon and 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint mixed in.
- Melon: 1 cup chopped honeydew pieces, 1/4 cup apple juice, 1 tablespoon honey.
- Green: 2 cups spinach, 1 cup pineapple chunks, 2 bananas and 1 handful ice.
- The Grown-up: Prosecco and fresh berries – no blending needed.